Last Updated on 22nd April 2021 by Marketing
An architect company has been found guilty of various health and safety breeches after builders were potentially exposed to dangerous asbestos fibres during a construction project at Aberystwyth Rugby Club in Mid Wales.
Aberystwyth Magistrate heard on 4th February 2013 that Dilwyn Roberts Penseiri/Architects Ltd failed to inform the contractors about the presence of asbestos insulation board before they removed soffits from an end wall at the clubhouse of the Rugby Club in January 2012.
A routine inspection of the work by a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) inspector identified remains of damaged asbestos insulation boards on the gable end of the clubhouse. The court heard that although an asbestos survey was commissioned by the rugby club and sent to the architects, this was never shown to the building contractors even though it clearly identified the presence of asbestos insulation board (AIB). AIB is deemed to be high risk by the HSE and requires a licensed contractor to undertaken remedial or removal works.
Dilwyn Roberts Penseiri/Architects Ltd of High Street, Newtown, Powys, pleaded guilty to a breach of Section 3(1) of The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and was fined £5,400 and ordered to pay £2,917 in costs.
To further information regarding this story please see the following link:
For further information regarding the requirement of asbestos surveys, or any other asbestos related services, contact the Armco team on 0161 763 3727.
Published Feb 27, 2013